How important is water to you? Available data show that fresh water accounts for only 2.5% of the total water distribution on earth. It is from this percentage that humans and every other living thing get the water they need for survival. Have you ever imagined a world without water? Medical science reveals that the human body is made up of 60 to 70% water, depending on the size of the person, clearly showing the importance water to human life. In this post, as the world celebrates World Water Day, we are pleased to celebrate the usefulness of water with these amazing quotes from inspiring authors. Read and Enjoy!
“Water is the driving force of all nature” – Leonardo da Vinci
– Water clearly serves humans, animals and plants. All are nourished with water for survival.
“Thousands have lived without love, not one without water” – W.H Auden
– Water plays an essential part in the day-to-day activity of the body. A dehydrated body is simply on the verge of destruction and extinction.
“I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man” – Henry David Thoreau
– There’s no drink as essential as water.
“Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine” – Slovakian proverb
– Experts say water is therapeutic. It is suitable for refreshing when the body is stressed out; assists in the flushing of toxins in the body and can serve as a first aid for illnesses like headaches.
“We will never know the worth of water till the well is dry” – Thomas Fuller
– Because water is free available to many, they fail to appreciate how essential it is.
“Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” – Lao Tzu
– By its nature and usefulness, no one can do without water.
“Filthy water cannot be washed” – West African Proverb
– It’s important to ensure that the value of certain essential resources is preserved.
“Water is the soul of the Earth” – W.H. Auden
– Water is cardinal for the earth’s survival, alongside the living things in it.
“Water is the softest substance in the world, yet it can penetrate the hardest rock…” – Bruce Lee
– Water is simply amazing. While it can literally penetrate the hardest of substances over time, its far-reaching effect on human life cannot be overemphasized, despite its seeming common existence.